Monday, October 22, 2012

Luca's 4 Month Check-in

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope you had a great weekend :-)

As I mentioned last week, our little Luca is now a whopping 4 months old!! Can you believe it? I know I can't!

I thought I'd update everyone on his progress - the photos this month aren't great because I took them indoors but I will try to get some better ones this week if he is ever awake long enough to get dressed and get outside (more on that below!).

Mood: Luca's mood has definitely improved over the past month. He spends more time sleeping, but when he is awake, he is definitely smiling more, giving us the odd laugh and babbling.


Ignore my annoying baby talk - I tried to edit it out but was unable to. Ah well.

He is a total boy - he loves it when we make fart funny sounds with our mouths so J and I are constantly doing that because hey - we'll do anything to get him to smile!  His mood can change quickly (maybe that is the Gemini in him) when he is tired so we have to stay right on top of that. Miss it by more than a few minutes and Luca will definitely let us know he isn't pleased!

Luca in the Leaves2

Sleep: As I've mentioned, we have been working on Luca's sleep because we realized that he was MISERABLE when he was tired and it seemed like he was always over tired. When he gets tired, he gets pink rimmed eyes, arches his back and gets cranky. Here he is showing off his strong neck and his pink eyes.

photo.JPG

I will do a full post on his sleep stuff in the coming few weeks but know that he is doing well and sleeping about 16-17 hours a day. Which is great for Luca but makes it tough for me to get anything done.

Feeding: We finally worked out our breastfeeding issues and I am happy to report it no longer hurts! He still takes his sweet time but it no longer feels like I'm being stabbed every time he eats. And that, my friends, is a good thing.



Growth: He now weighs a whopping 13 lbs and 6 ounces which puts him in the 50th percentile for weight (which is where he has been since the beginning). At 25 inches he is a tall skinny kid, but if he ends up like his parents, that will change (sorry buddy, you are destined to be average :-).


So happy four months little man!! I love you and all of your faces :-)






Hope you keep getting happier and growing bigger!

1v2v3v4month Collage

Photobucket





12 comments:

Stephanie Fazio (aka lealou) said...

ha! It looks like he's trying to run away in the last pic ;). Such a sweetie!

how2home said...

Cute! Love these monthly check ins :)

sundeep @ designwali said...

So cute! 4 months is when all the fun times start. he has gorgeous eyes!

Michelle @ AM Dolce Vita said...

Aww that video melts my heart! He is such a sweet boy. Love his expressive faces and that "shall I panic yet?" face in the third last photo. Sooo funny!

Christine Shankowsky said...

I'm so happy to hear hear sleeping is going better! He has the sweetest baby eyes ever (even when they're tired).

Sara Hilton said...

I love that our babies are so close in age, too fun to see their similarities and differences!

Leah Fry said...

Wow, it sounds like there has been a sleeping revolution in your house! I love the video and pics, and am dying to hear more details about how you have achieved such progress with Luca (hahaha Mum talk ;) ) You've done so well to keep up with the breastfeeding in spite of the pain and I hope it's smooth sailing for you from here :)

Alison said...

What a fabulous update Janice. You all sound super happy. Amazing what good sleep does for everyone. Keep up the great work Luca!

KatieMB said...

Awesome news, glad life is moving in the right direction for you all! He is absolutely beautiful. I am so happy he gives you so much joy!

Anna said...

Wonderful update, so glad the breastfeeding and sleep issues are starting to get resolved.


I just adore that picture nestled in the leaves, he is just gorgeous.

Karen Simpson said...

Hi there, I've been following your blog for awhile, but this is my first comment. So glad to hear things are improving with your gorgeous little boy. I have a 7 week-old girl and we are having our share of issues (breastfeeding is crazy hard for us, so I'm especially happy to hear your experience is getting bad).

Life Begins at Thirty, Right? said...

Hi Karen! Thanks for the comment. It took so long for breast feeding to start really working for us but I'm so happy I stuck with it! 7 weeks is a cute but challenging time. Hope things are going well!