Friday, November 9, 2012

And the Stockings Were Hung...

I'm not a big holiday decorator. I'd like to be. I love seeing photos of nicely decorated homes but for some reason (I'll guess lack of funds and laziness) I never seem to put the time or effort into my own home.

Of course, this year is Luca's first Christmas! I don't think that will result in a fully decorated home, but I do think it means we will have a Christmas tree and some stockings at a minimum.

On the topic of stockings, I've been hunting around for some since I want to get one for Luca which of course means that I need to buy three so that we can all have matching ones!

Here are a few that I thought looked good:

1.
2.
3.

4. These are really cool (made out of goodwill reclaimed sweaters) but mucho dinero:


5. This one is more funny than anything. Cute, but we can't handle any indoor raccoons.

6. 

What do you think? I have a favourite but am open to suggestion. Have you seen anything nice elsewhere (I only really perused the first ten pages of stockings on Etsy)?

Photobucket

15 comments:

Casey @ Waffling said...

These are all beautiful! I think I like the first ones best. When my brother and I were little, our mom sewed us stockings (I think she got a kit) and to this DAY we still use those same stockings on Christmas. Not to put any pressure on you...hahaha

Diana @ Boy + Girl said...

I love the last one and the one with the trees! These are all cute options though!

Sarah said...

We are very happy with our personalized stockings from TerrapinKnits on Etsy. Each one has a slightly different design and I love that they are stretchy so you can actually easily fit stocking stuffers in them. They were an investment, but these should be our family's only stockings. http://www.etsy.com/listing/111121837/family-collection-of-personalized

Ashley Izsak said...

I love the first ones and I love how decorating takes on a whole new level of fun when there are babies in the house. If you're looking for some cost effective decor loblaws always has some great stuff (+plastic ornaments which seem to be a must in this house between the cats and the toddlers). I know it's not super unique but then you can add some nice handmade stuff and don't have to break the bank going all out.

Lindsey said...

These are all so cute! Can't go wrong with any of them. We have these classic velvet red and white stockings with our names embroidered in green italic for myself, my husband and son. http://www.potterybarn.com/products/velvet-stocking/?lineid=1&cm_src= They are so reasonably priced and well made. I am about to order one for our daughter, due in April. We are going to place "I'm thankful for ___" cards in it to open and read on Christmas day. Happy decorating!

Stephanie Fazio (aka lealou) said...

oh I love the little owl!

Shannon8footsix said...

Indigo usually has some gorgeous ones and sometimes on sale 75 percent off after Christmas!!!

Alli said...

I like the last ones, not sure why, but they really look nice. Also like the ones made from sweaters.

Michelle @ AM Dolce Vita said...

I like 6 the most and you can hang a series of them, although I am more of a white stocking type of gal. :) Indigo has pretty good selections this year. I also like the Debbie Travis quilted one from Canadian Tire.

Alison said...

Ha! Was totally checking out stockings too. I also loved those sweater ones, but too pricey for this lady. I decided to give Rhys my childhood one so no matching for us.

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

The ones in the very last picture are my favourite. The fabrics are adorable! :)

Casey said...

Can I vote for these?

Casey said...

Boo. The image didn't show up. I vote for traditional red velour with white fur at the top!

gemma@thesweetestdigs said...

Love numbers #3 and #6. Classics!! Have fun decorating!! :)

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Too funny about the raccoon! My mom got Ashford an owl one from Pottery Barn. Can't wait to see it!