This is late. His 7 month birthday was on the 17th. Today is January 31st. It isn't like I've been too busy to get this post up. Seriously. What do I do all day?!
Really, it is because I haven't taken his official 7 month photo. Which means when I one day have a collage of his first year, you will know that the 7 month picture is a fake. You can judge me then.
So even though my first instinct is to put off this post until I take the photo, I know myself and that will mean that it won't get done. Better to be honest, right?
So here goes!
No real changes here. Of the time he is awake, he is happy about 70% of the time. That is pretty awesome! The other 30% of the time he is cranky. "Bitching and Moaning" is how I usually put it. Not full out crying (although he is starting to do that a little when he is upset/bored/wants my attention). He is just kind of a complainer.
He has become a little sensitive to unexpected changes and noises this past month. One night we had a visitor who came in the house without him seeing, and when she popped up in front of him, he immediately burst into tears and cried for a long while and wasn't easily settled. He also went to his first birthday party and found all of the kids/guests to be a bit overwhelming and burst into tears when someone laughed.
Still great! He sleeps for 12-13 hours at night (no wakings) and still has 3 naps a day ranging from 1-3 hours each. I thought that by this age he'd be able to tolerate longer periods of being awake, but he still gets cranky and upset if I push him much past the 1.5 hour mark. Little guys loves his sleep! It is really cute though - he has started putting his head down on my shoulder as I sing him a song before bed. He knows his nap is coming and is getting in the mood I guess!
This is his "I just woke up" face:
Still trucking alone here with baby led weaning. He loves tangerines, mango, yogurt, apple sauce, beef stew, pears and prunes. He isn't super into meat yet and when we gave him pasta and lasagna, he pretty much just sucked the sauce off and spit out the rest. We are just letting him eat at his own pace so I'm not too stressed about it.
I haven't weighed him recently but he is definitely getting bigger. Some of our friends say that week to week he seems to look older and bigger! Recently, he has also been sleeping more than usual so I think he has been busy growing while he sleeps!
Aside from physical growth, he is really developing these days. He can sit on his own, stands like a champ (holding our hands) and is purposefully using both hands, passing things back and forth. He also has started to appreciate patterns (i.e. singing Pop Goes the Weasel - he knows when the POP is coming and starts smiling in preparation).
Likes and Dislikes
Likes: Eating, practicing crawling, his red plastic spoon, FaceTime with nanny (still a fave), watching videos of himself, bath time, moving all around in his crib and my iPhone.
Dislikes: Having his diaper changed, the time between getting out of the bath and when the food starts flowing, being awake too long, when people sneak up on him, loud noises, sleeping anywhere other than his crib.