Wednesday, May 28, 2014

New Coffee Tables

Remember the coffee table conundrum?

Well...

I ended up with two coffee tables.

Oops.

To be fair, we did start with two - so maybe it makes sense if I think of it that way?



One was a Goodwill find (courtesy of Shannon) for $30:



And one was a Kijii find ($35 but I had to drive to Keswick):



That's right - it is a Coco Chanel inspired wheat sheaf table!! I think J thought I was nuts when I said I was going to drive to Keswick to purchase a table that looks like wheat...but I had to have it. I mean...if it works for Sarah Richardson:

...then it will work for me :-)

No joke - I think it is the exact same table. EEK!

Anyway - I'm not sure what I'll do now that I have two tables. Wheat is awesome, but it has some 'bounce' to it if Luca were to lean on it (which he loves to do). The Goodwill table is definitely sturdier.

I don't think the wheat will be a permanent fixture outside, but it does look pretty awesome out there IMO.

So what do you think - wheatsheaf or goodwill find in the family room?

Photobucket

16 comments:

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

They are both awesome, but my eyes bugged out of my head a little when I saw the second one. LOVE!!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

The second one is unreal.. tough call!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Wow, that top one is just like the table I was selling before I moved! Aren't you glad you didn't get it after all? $30 is a much better deal! I love the wheat table, what an amazing score. Like unreal score! I think he curved edges are maybe better for Luca, but I know what you mean about the bounce. Tough call!!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

I know!! That is why Shannon grabbed it for me - because I was so obsessed with yours!! Funny eh?

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Oh yeah - the wheat one isn't going anywhere even if it doesn't end up in the family room. :-)

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

wheat sheaf, hands down. But you've got to be ready to have the thought of Luca wrecking it or it wrecking Luca drive you nuts...it's a lifestyle choice.

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Wheatsheaf is a total score. Keep what works with little man around and at some point bust out the wheatsheaf badboy. great, now i want a new coffee table.

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

oooh i like wheat for sure!! I agree with Designwali re: keeping thewheat sheaf no matter what. I love it. Is Luca playing around the basement more these days then the pretty wheat table in the living room?!? Good finds all around.

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

GOODWILL! I am head over heels in love with that one - and if you ever decide to sell can I buy it from you?!?! the wheat is definitely cool - but that goodwill one has my heart.

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Goodwill - then you can sell the wheat sheaf to me ;)

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Hey Janice, thanks for your feedback on my blog, I'm glad it's at least working for other people, so I'll have to look into what is up on my end. LOVE the wheat table!!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

They're both beautiful! But with that toddler I say go for the first one. Save the wheat for his older years! Haha!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Wheatsheaf! The goodwill one is nice too, but the gold maybe seems shinier than I would like. And that wheatsheaf is just so incredibly unique.

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Thanks for the well wishes today Janice :)

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Awesome find on the wheatsheaf table. It gets my vote

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

I NEVER find anything nearly as awesome in my Goodwill stores! Both are super lovely, but I'd go with the sturdier option for now, IMHO. Take care!